- Best Cutting Torch of 2019 Reviews
- Plasma Cutting versus Oxy-Fuel – Which is the Better Choice?
- Here are the cutting tools you should consider getting:
- Which One Should You Choose?
- Tips in Finding the Best Cutting Torch
- What’s Next?
A good cutting torch is an indispensable tool in your work area for the sole reason that it is the only tool that you can rely on to get cutting jobs done. There is no other alternative to it. If you need to have large steel or bolts removed, you can rely on the cutting torch to get it done.
Cutting torches are quite versatile choices as well. They aren’t used only when you need steel to cut. It can be relied on for welding, decorating, repairing and crafting. If you don’t want to buy these other tools separately, you can simply get a cutting torch.
Today, you will find out which of the cutting torches in the market today are your best choices. Find out which products we highly recommend getting.
Best Cutting Torch of 2019 Reviews
1. STKUSA Gas Welding and Cutting Torch Kit Victor Type
This is an all-around tool that you can use for a variety of purposes such as cutting, gauging, welding and soldering. If you need a tool that can accomplish these tasks, this is the tool to choose. It comes with a lot of accessories including torch handle, welding hose, oxygen regulator, acetylene regulator and welding nozzles. All fittings are also included in this kit.
- This is a good cutting torch that can get the job done efficiently.
- It is one of the cheapest options out in the market today.
- Many people liked the quality of the attachments and the other accessories included.
- This cutting torch boasts of efficiency.
- Some said there is stickiness to the oxy lever upon startup.
2. ESAB Victor Technologies 0384-2691 Medalist 350 System Heavy Duty Cutting System
If you are looking for something a bit more heavy-duty, this is the perfect option for you. It has a maximum cutting prowess of up to 8 inches. You can work with thicker metals with precision. It also does a good job in welding. You can weld metals of up to 3 inches in thickness. This kit comes with different cutting attachments that will allow you to cut metals with 3/8 inches, 6 inches, 12.7mm and 76.22mm of thickness.
- Everything feels industrial grade with this unit. It doesn’t feel flimsy and it can hold up well to a certain level of abuse.
- It can be used for both light and general fabrication.
- The cutting tools included should be enough to get you started with your work.
- It comes with acetylene and oxygen regulators as well as cutting tips and welding nozzles.
- The kit also comes with soft-sided goggles.
- Many said they liked the design of this product. The torch body fitted well in their hands.
- The regulators are color coded for easier usage.
- Some just had issues with the acetylene gauge that was sent to them. You can contact the manufacturer and get the right piece if this happened to you.
3. Thoroughbred GasPony 1 Portable Welding/Cutting Torch
Everything you need to get your projects done is in this kit. It can be used for torching, cutting, brazing and welding. It comes with 20 cubic feet of oxygen thoroughbred cylinders as well as acetylene cylinders, which you can easily exchange at different locations. It is capable of cutting steel of up to a half inch and can weld steel of up to 5/16 inches. All the accessories and parts are in its tote bag that is easy to carry. The torch handle is long, ensuring better comfort when using this unit.
- Great for medium-range welding and cutting. It allows precise control over your projects, so you can get the results you want.
- Everything feels and looks well-made. Nothing looks cheap and are easy to damage.
- It comes with a bag for easier portability.
- You can weld and cut in no time at all with this one.
- The ergonomics for the handle is good. You won’t feel hand fatigue when using this.
- It is backed by good customer service.
- It is a bit more on the expensive side.
4. XtremepowerUS Harris
This is a Harris type tool for cutting and welding. All the accessories and attachments you need for welding are already included in this kit. Everything is encased in a durable and solid box. It includes welding nozzles, a welding hose, a torch handle and regulators for oxygen and acetylene.
- This is one of the most inexpensive cutting torches out there.
- It gets the cutting and welding jobs done.
- You can get all the nozzles and other accessories you need in the kit.
- The quality is actually quite good for its price, according to many customers. The gauges and hoses all seem to be well-made and of good quality.
- Some said the hoses that came with it are too short for them.
Plasma Cutting versus Oxy-Fuel – Which is the Better Choice?
Both cutting methods have their own advantages and disadvantages. Which one you should choose will depend on a number of things such as the material you are working on, its thickness, the power source you have, the job location and size and the overall costs of the project.
This is a kind of ionized gas that has good electricity conduction properties. Plasma cutters can cut up to 1-inch thick metal. It will need compressed air source and a good amount of electricity in order to work well. Today, you can find a variety of plasma cutters with portability to offer. They can be great when it comes to having a cutting tool that you can use for your various projects.
If you are cutting non-ferrous kinds of metals, it might be better to use plasma technology as it is more capable of cutting these kinds of metals. So, if you frequently work with metals like cast iron, stainless steel and aluminum, you are better off with plasma.
Another advantage to this is that it allows you to become more precise with your results without sacrificing on speed. Because of its maneuverability, it is actually better to use this to get more precise results. You can also use a faster speed even when working on thinner metals and not worry that you will end up distorting the metal. You will also save more time with this technology. Since it does not require metal pre-heating, you can save so much time.
This is what you can rely on when you are cutting thicker kinds of metals. It is more capable of cutting through thick metals. A regular one is capable of cutting steel of up to 12 inches of thickness, although there are more capable ones out there that can cut through up to 20 inches of metal. These are also smaller and more portable since they don’t require compressed air source with high power. Many of these tools come with a lightweight, which makes them even more portable.
Torches that make use of oxy-fuel do more than just cut. They can weld, solder, braze, gouge and heat as well. It is an all-around kind of tool that can accomplish a variety of tasks. The downside to this is that you can only use it on ferrous metals or those that do not contain iron. However, if workers want to be at a safe distance when cutting through metals for a prolonged period of time, oxy-fuel torches are more ideal.
You should weigh down these pros and cons, so you can find the right cutting torch that is more ideal for your needs.
Here are the cutting tools you should consider getting:
- STKUSA Gas Welding and Cutting Torch Kit Victor Type
- ESAB Victor Technologies 0384-2691 Medalist 350 System Heavy Duty Cutting System
- Thoroughbred GasPony 1 Portable Welding/Cutting Torch
- XtremepowerUS Harris Type Oxy Acetylene Welding Cutting Torch Kit
Which One Should You Choose?
If you are having a hard time deciding which of these products to get, let us help you out with these tips:
Great for People on a Budget: STKUSA Gas Welding and Cutting Torch Kit Victor Type. If you are looking for something cheap, this should be a good choice. It comes complete with everything someone new in welding and cutting will use. It doesn’t have the best quality but for its price, it is actually a good choice.
Great for Heavy Usage: ESAB Victor Technologies 0384-2691 Medalist 350 System Heavy Duty Cutting System. If you are planning on doing a lot of cutting and welding, this tool should be a better choice for you. It is made from heavy-duty materials, so you can definitely rely on it for a long time. Everything has a good quality and the ergonomics can also be relied on.
Good Customer Service: Thoroughbred GasPony 1 Portable Welding/Cutting Torch. If you want to make sure that the product you are buying does not end up going to waste if you encounter issues with it, this is a good option for you. Some customers were able to get replacement parts without a lot of trouble. The kit itself is also very reliable for small to medium cutting needs.
Inexpensive but Good Quality: XtremepowerUS Harris. This is the cutting torch to get if you prefer something that has good quality but without being too expensive. It is the best of both worlds. It can get your cutting needs done. If you are on a budget but you want something that can still last you for many uses, this is a good choice to get.
Tips in Finding the Best Cutting Torch
You should carefully check out your options and use the following buying tips:
1. Check the rating of the torch.
The rating will tell you the thickness of the metals it can cut. It will tell you a lot of its capabilities. If it has a high rating, it can be more capable of cutting through thicker metals. Which one you should get will depend on the kinds of metals you are working with. If you frequently work with thicker metals, it might be better to get torches with a higher rating.
2. Know more about the components and the accessories that are included in the kit.
Make sure it has everything you need. Some kits might not include the essentials such as the gas line and ignite. Others may include welding glasses and even regulators in the kit. Also find out what kinds of tips are included in the kit. You should check what is included and then compare prices, so you can truly save more money.
3. Determine how easy it is for you to change its tips.
If you need to use tools, you might have a hard time doing it in between work. If it does need tools, find out what kind of tool it uses to replace the tips.
4. Check its durability.
It should be made from materials that are resistant to corrosion. It should be durable enough to last for a lot of uses.
5. Check the ergonomics.
Hand fatigue is very common. This is why you should check if it has a comfortable grip and if the position and angle of the torch and the regulators are good. Make sure you can control these as well as the gas valves even when you are using welding gloves.
There are also other things you need to consider such as if it includes a warranty and if there are other additional features such as rotating tips. Choose one from a brand that you know you can trust because they have been around for some time.
You should already have an idea which of the products mentioned above has the benefits you are looking for. In addition to a cutting torch, make sure you also get the best plasma cutter today, so you can complete your work arsenal. Don’t forget to check out our homepage for some more product reviews and recommendations to ensure that you can get the best metal work output and that you perform these tasks safely.